The craft of building a roof with dry vegetation such as straw, reed or rushes. Used in both tropical and temperate climates.
Huber & Associates, Expert Thatch Historical & Restoration Roofing Contractors
Huber & Associates has provided thatch roofing restoration for more than 30 years for historic homes, private estates and commercial properties throughout the southeast, nationally and internationally.
- Necker Island Resort, British Virgin Islands
- Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, Orlando, FL (pictured directly above)
Huber & Associates is internationally known as expert historical and restoration roofing contractors experienced with many roofing styles, formats and materials, providing solutions to any roofing project. Read more about our expertise.
Why thatch roofing?
Thatch has been used for centuries all over world on anything from Tiki huts in the South Pacific to whimsical cottages in the British Isles. Most find it naturally beautiful because it is pure nature being crafted from vegetation such as straw, reeds, rushes, grasses and palm fronds. Depending on the type of thatch used, the finished product can be a foot thick, which adds to its soft and inviting appearance. Because thatch relies on a build up of grasses or reeds for shedding water a steeper roof slope is advantageous and is consequently the right aesthetic for the thatched roof.
The Benefits of a Thatched Roof
- Durability: A well-maintained thatch roof offers great durability and can last up to 20 years.
- Natural Insulator: Thatch is able to insulate a home without additional insulating materials, not only keeping a home warm during the winter, but cool during the summer.
- Environmentally Friendly: Thatch roofing is one of the most eco friendly roofing types around.
Historical Restoration and Preservation Experts
Give us a call today - (828) 275-7678 - to learn more about thatch roofing restoration opportunities. Huber & Associates provides historical restoration and preservation to roofs all over the world.