Huber & Associates, Expert Slate Historical & Restoration Roofing Contractors
The Huber & Associates team has been providing slate roofing restoration for more than 30 years to historic homes, private estates and commercial properties throughout the southeast, nationally and internationally.
- Dye Golf Clubhouse in Charleston, SC
- Private Residence in Pinehurst, NC (pictured directly above)
We are internationally known as expert historical and restoration roofing contractors experienced with many roofing styles, formats and materials, providing solutions to any roofing project. Read more about our expertise.
Contact us today if you’d like to learn more – (828) 275-7678.
Why slate as a roofing material?
TOUGH AND DURABLE
Slate is a fine-grained crystalline rock metamorphosed from bedded deposits of clay, slit, and different minerals giving it different colors. Slate quarried for roofing stock is very dense and exceedingly tough and durable. It can last for a century due to its high strength, low porosity and low absorption rate. Slate roofing is known as one of the highest quality, longest lasting roofing materials available. The many different colors, sizes and textures of slate afford many architectural effects, contributing to the appearance and beauty of any building.
Other slate Qualities
- Appearance – People are drawn to slate because of it.
- More Choices – Slate roofing tiles are available in varying sizes, thicknesses, and a wide range of colors.
- Longevity – Slate roofs can last a century, if properly constructed.
- Fire Resistant – Slate roofing is one of the most fire resistant roofs there is.
- Environmentally Friendly – Most roofing waste can be attributed to asphalt shingle roofing, which needs replacing every 20 to 30 years. Installing a roof that is going to last 100 years or more has a positive environmental impact.
Slate Quarried from All Over the Word
Our experienced staff can provide detailed information and architectural services from single size 1/4" applications, to intermingled rough texture in random widths, to graduated length and thickness. The slates we choose are quarried from all over the world, giving many slate types, colors and blends.
Historical Restoration and Preservation Experts
Slate is a nice and durable choice. Give us a call today - (828) 275-7678 - to learn more about our slate roofing and our roofing restoration expertise - providing historical preservation to roofs all over the world.