Huber & Associates, Expert Slate Historical & Restoration Roofing Contractors
The Huber & Associates team has been providing slate roofing restoration services for more than 40 years. Our clients include historic homes, private estates and commercial properties located throughout the Southeast, both nationally and internationally. Count on us for demanding jobs where an artisan's touch is required.
We work exclusively with high-quality materials and provide expert service on every project. Whether we are bringing a historic property back to like-new condition or replacing an asphalt roof with something more stylish and durable, Huber & Associates will go the extra mile to exceed your expectations.
VIEW OUR PORTFOLIO ONLINE
Browse our website to view photos and read case studies detailing slate roof repairs and restorations we've completed for demanding clients. Some of our more notable work has included projects for:
- Dye Golf Clubhouse in Charleston, SC
- Private Residence in Pinehurst, NC (pictured directly above)
We are internationally known as expert historical and restoration roofing contractors experienced with many roofing styles, formats and materials, providing solutions to any roofing project. Read more about our expertise or contact us today. One of our knowledgeable team members would be happy to answer all your questions or book an appointment for a consultation.
WHY CHOOSE SLATE AS A ROOFING MATERIAL?
Slate is a fine-grained crystalline rock metamorphosed from bedded deposits of clay, silt and different minerals. Its unique composition gives it several unusual characteristics as well as a wide range of variation in color and texture — features which make it an excellent choice for roofing applications.
Slate quarried for roofing stock is very dense and exceedingly durable. It can last for a century or longer due to its high strength, low porosity and low absorption rate. Compared to alternatives such as asphalt and wood, slate shingles are known as one of the highest-quality, longest-lasting roofing materials available. The many different colors, sizes and textures of slate afford many architectural effects, contributing to the appearance and beauty of any building.
NOTABLE FEATURES AND BENEFITS
There are several reasons why slate has remained a popular roofing material compared to cheaper alternatives. Slate offers:
- Good looks: People are drawn to slate because of its highly distinctive appearance. Its subtle variances can't be replicated by a synthetic product. At the same time, slate roof shingles will blend in well with both contemporary and historical homes — check out our online gallery to see examples and get inspired for your project.
- Choice: Think all slate roofs look the same? Think again. Huber & Associates sells custom slate roofing tiles in varying sizes, thicknesses and colors. We can help you assess your design goals and recommend a product that brings your creative vision to life.
- Longevity: Slate roofs can last for 100 years or more if properly constructed and installed. In many cases, a well-designed slate roof will outlast the home it’s installed on. For this reason, slate roofing offers excellent long-term value that more than makes up for its higher installation cost.
- Fire resistance: Slate roofing is one of the most fire-resistant roofs there is. As a result, slate is an excellent choice for dry, hot parts of the country where fire is a constant danger. Slate also has natural insulation properties that help keep your home a more stable temperature while reducing ambient noise.
- Environmental friendliness: Most roofing waste is attributable to asphalt shingle roofing, which needs to be replaced every 20 to 30 years. Slate, on the other hand, can last a century or longer, giving it a more positive environmental impact. Additionally, slate is a 100% natural material that can be harvested without ecological disruption. It’s also free of the plastics and chemical treatments found on synthetic shingles.
Whatever your reasons for choosing slate for your home, it's important to partner with a contractor who knows how to work with this material. That's where Huber & Associates comes in. We are longstanding roofing experts that bring extensive industry expertise to every job we take on. Make us your partner for new roof installations, repairs, slate roof restorations and more.
WORKING WITH SLATE
Slate shingles are heavier than conventional roofing materials and often vary in thickness and color. Installing them requires extensive experience and advanced training. Huber & Associates provides full-service slate roof repairs, installation and consulting. We are highly skilled at working with natural materials and can ensure any job gets done quickly and to your complete satisfaction.
Don’t take a risk on an unqualified slate roof contractor. Call Huber & Associates first for service throughout the Southeast and beyond.
WE WORK WITH SLATE QUARRIED FROM ALL OVER THE WORD
Our experienced staff can provide detailed information and architectural services from single size 1/4" applications, to intermingled rough texture in random widths, to graduated length and thickness. The slates we choose are quarried from all over the world, giving many slate types, colors and blends.
We can help you select a tile that suits your tastes or create a custom slate roofing product that matches what’s currently installed on a heritage property.
CONTACT THE HISTORICAL RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION EXPERTS
Ready to request a quote for a slate roof restoration? Want to hear more about our installation and consulting services? Give us a call today at (828) 275-7678 to learn more about who we are and how we can help you.