Slate roofing has been a statement of luxury on many architectural structures since the 1200's.
Tough and Durable
Slate is a fine-grained crystalline rock metamorphosed from bedded deposits of clay, slit, and different minerals giving it different colors. Slate quarried for roofing stock is very dense and exceedingly tough and durable. It can last for a century due to its high strength, low porosity and low absorption rate. Slate roofing is known as one of the highest quality, longest lasting roofing materials available. The many different colors, sizes and textures of slate afford many architectural effects, contributing to the appearance and beauty of any building.
Why Consider Slate?
- Appearance – People are drawn to slate because of it.
- More Choices – Slate roofing tiles are available in varying sizes, thicknesses, and a wide range of colors.
- Longevity – Slate roofs can last a century, if properly constructed.
- Fire Resistant – Slate roofing is one of the most fire resistant roofs there is.
- Environmentally Friendly – Most roofing waste can be attributed to asphalt shingle roofing, which needs replacing every 20 to 30 years. Installing a roof that is going to last 100 years or more has a positive environmental impact.
Slate Quarried from All Over the Word
Our experienced staff can provide detailed information and architectural services from single size 1/4" applications, to intermingled rough texture in random widths, to graduated length and thickness. The slates we choose are quarried from all over the world, giving many slate types, colors and blends.
Historical Restoration and Preservation Experts
Slate is a nice and durable choice. Give us a call today to learn more about our slate roofing and our roofing restoration expertise - providing historical preservation to roofs all over the world.